Application Deadline: December 6, 2016
100&Change is a MacArthur Foundation competition for a $100 million grant to fund a single proposal that will make measurable progress toward solving a significant problem. 100&Change will select a bold proposal that promises real progress toward solving a critical problem of our time. And it will award a $100 million grant to help make that solution a reality. Proposals focused on any critical issue are welcome.
- An organization under section 501(c)(3) and 509(a)(1) or (2) of the Internal Revenue Code (“IRC”) that has received a tax determination letter from the Internal Revenue Service (“IRS”).
- A private foundation under section 501(c)(3) of the IRC that has received a tax determination letter from the IRS.
- A for-profit corporation organized under the laws of a State in the United States.
- A benefit corporation, flexible purpose organization, or similar “hybrid” organization organized under the laws of a State in the United States.
- A limited liability company or partnership organized under the laws of a State in the United States.
- An organization organized under the laws of a foreign jurisdiction which has received a tax determination letter from the IRS or has been determined to be the equivalent of a section 501(c)(3) and 509(a)(1) or (2) organization by NGO Source or the MacArthur Foundation for which an equivalency determination has not expired.
- An entity that is recognized under the law of the applicable jurisdiction as a non-governmental organization, an educational organization, a charitable organization, a social welfare organization, a not-for-profit organization, or similar-type entity that is not a for-profit organization or government agency.
- A for-profit entity organized and in good standing under the laws of the local jurisdiction in which it operates.
- A $100 Million grant will be awarded to a single proposal designed to help solve a critical problem affecting people, places, or the planet.
The Timeline for the competition consists of three phases.
- Phase 1: Competition Period (June 2 – December 6, 2016)
- Phase 2: Discovery Period (December 7, 2016 – July 6, 2017)
- Phase 3: Selection Period (July 7 – September 30, 2017)
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the 100&Change MacArthur Foundation Competition 2016