Registration Deadline: February 3, 2015
The Business Plan Competition is open to registered architects in the U.S. or Canada who are considering starting a design firm or who have started a new firm in the past ten years. There is no fee to enter.
The Best Overall prize winner will receive $10,000.
The Best Written Business Plan prize winner will receive $2,500.
The Most Innovative prize winner will receive $2,500.
All prizes are in US dollars. Winners are responsible for all taxes. For additional details about prizes, judging criteria, and eligibility requirements, please review the full competition rules.
- The competition is open to registered architects in the United States and Canada, excluding Quebec.
- To participate in the competition, entrants must first register, then submit the following items:
- A three page outline and description of their proposed business plan that includes:
- A description of the business
- An analysis of their target market
- An explanation of their competitive differentiators
- A vision for where they want the firm to be in five years
- A description of the firm ownership and team members
- A financial summary explaining how the firm is funded, past revenue/expenses (if applicable), and projected total revenues and expenses for the next five years
- An outline (headings only) of other topics they will address in more detail in their full business plan, if they are invited to proceed to the next round of the competition
- A two minute or less video of themselves speaking about why they started their firm or are considering starting a new firm
Finalists will be required to complete a presentation to the jury and to attend the awards event on May 13-14, 2015 in Atlanta. A partial stipend will be provided to assist with travel costs.
December 2014 – Registration open
February 3, 2015 – Registration deadline – All participants must register by this date
March 3, 2015 – Deadline for registered participants to submit three-page outline and video
March 18-20, 2015 – Finalists notified
March 23, 2015 – Public announcement of finalists
Aprili 27, 2015 – Deadline for finalists to submit their full business plans
May 13, 2015 – Finalists present to jury
May 14, 2015 – Winners announced at special reception during the 2015 AIA National Convention in Atlanta
For More Information: