Application Deadline: November 14 2014
With only 5% of inhabitants in Jakarta having access to municipal sewerage treatment, the Blue Bag Project and Water Innovation Award 2015 hope to improve the level of access to clean water and reduce water contamination levels for local residents of Jakarta.
Indonesian Bachelor and Masters degree students and young professionals in relevant fields are able to compete with their innovative ideas and gain the educational knowhow and professional experience to contribute lasting change to their community.
The winning idea will be awarded a full-tuition scholarship to attend a two-year Master’s Programme in Water Resources Engineering at Lund University, annual return flights to Sweden and a monthly living allowance provided by Lund University and IKEA Indonesia. This is a prize package worth approximately 48,000€ in total.
- Holders of a Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, environmental engineering or equivalent, including courses in mathematics/calculus, hydraulics/fluid mechanics and geology.
- Additionally, all applicants must either live/study in Indonesia or be an Indonesian citizen/permanent resident living/studying abroad.
- English competency is required, read more about the requirements.
- Strong interest in sustainability and social innovation.
- Have the will to work practically with innovative water resource solutions to make a difference in the lives of Jakarta’s inhabitants.
No exceptions can be made regarding the terms of the eligibility requirements
How it Works:
Step 1: Competition Application
- Create your account and confirm the account. Now you’re ready to take on the challenge!
Step 2: Complete the Challenge
- Multiple-choice question sets on the topics of 1) water resource management; 2) Swedish innovation and education; and 3) social innovation and entrepreneurship connected to water resource management.
- The case question will focus on water-related challenges in Jakarta.
Personal motivation and profile
- Explain why you should be selected as the winner and how you can contribute to improving living conditions in Jakarta, and fill in your personal information.
- Participants will be able to increase their chances of winning by collecting recommendations from friends via Facebook
Step 3: Submit
Submit your Challenge
- During the competition, participants have the opportunity to leave the competition and return when they are ready for the next step. Before leaving the competition website, however, it is important to ensure that all completed answers in each of the question sets are submitted successfully.
Step 4: Apply to Lund University (If you are selected as a finalist)
Apply for the Master’s Programme
- (See ‘Checklist – apply to the master’s programme’.)
- Apply for the Master’s Programme in Water Resources Engineering at Lund University in Sweden by completing your application and sending in all required documents.
- A full application should include: 1) online application form; 2) documentation of general eligibility; 3) proof of English proficiency; and 4) documentation that you meet programme-specific entry requirements
Screening process & Judging criteria
A panel of judges from Sqore, Lund University, IKEA Indonesia and Mercy Corps Indonesia will evaluate applications and decide the winners.