Application Deadline: March 5th, 2015 at 11:59pm PST.
Kick start your university studies in computer science with an unforgettable summer program at Google. Google’s Computer Science Summer Institute (CSSI) is a three-week introduction to computer science for graduating high school seniors with a passion for technology — especially students from historically underrepresented groups in the field.
CSSI is not your average summer camp. It’s an intensive, interactive, hands-on and fun program that seeks to inspire the tech leaders and innovators of tomorrow by supporting the study of computer science, software engineering and other closely related subjects.
As CSSI students, you will learn programming fundamentals directly from Google engineers, get an inside look at some of Google’s most exciting, emerging technologies, and even design and develop your very own application with fellow participants that you will showcase to Googlers in local offices.
You’ll attend the program at one of our Google office locations and experience firsthand Google’s unique and innovative office culture.
- Be a current high school senior.
- Intend to be enrolled as a full-time student in a 4-year BA/BS program in the US or Canada in Fall 2015. International students are eligible to apply as long as they intend to be enrolled at a university in the US or Canada.
- Intend to be enrolled at a university in a computer science, computer engineering, software engineering, or related area department for the 2015-2016 academic year.
- Be able to demonstrate an interest in and motivation for studying computer science
CSSI 2015 will be comprised of both residential camps and day camps and will run at five Google offices: Cambridge, Chicago, Mountain View, New York and Seattle. In the residential camps, housing and transportation will be provided. In the day camps, students will be provided with a travel stipend and expected to commute into the respective Google offices for each day of CSSI. Students within a specified mileage distance from the respective day-camp offices will automatically be considered for those sites.
The program is open to all qualified high school seniors who meet the above criteria.
Please be prepared to submit the below materials in addition to your application submission:
- An updated resume (PDF required)
- A current unofficial or official high school transcript (PDF/JPEG required)
- SAT or ACT scores (if applicable)
- Responses to multiple short answer questions. Each response should be under 250 words (PDF required).
Important Dates to Remember
The application for the 2015 CSSI program is open. Please find the link to our application here. The application period will close on March 5th, 2015 at 11:59pm PST.
- Cambridge, MA: July 13th – July 31st
- Chicago, IL: July 20th – Aug 7th
- Mountain View, CA: July 13th – July 31st
- New York City, NY: July 20th – Aug 7th
- Seattle, WA: July 13th – July 31st
For More Information: