Application Deadline: August 20th 2015
When: 19-22 October 2015, European Youth Centre Budapest
A Council of Europe conference to discuss current Roma youth issues and future policy orientations for the participation and inclusion of Roma youth
In 2015, the Council of Europe will carry out an evaluation of the Roma Youth Action Plan and will organise a second Roma Youth Conference, in order to take stock and draw lessons from the last years of implementation of the Roma Youth Action Plan. The Roma Youth Conference will also be an opportunity to look forward to the future of the Roma Youth Action Plan and its orientations in the years to come.
Aims and objectives of the conference
The Roma Youth Conference aims to bring together Roma youth organisations, Roma youth representatives and relevant Roma youth stakeholders for taking stock of the results and relevance of the action plan so far and to discuss the future orientations of the Roma Youth Action Plan.
The Roma Youth Conference is a three days and half event involving some 80 participants.
The conference is designed as a multi-stakeholder and non-formal intercultural learning environment, where young people and stakeholder representatives can exchange their experience in working with Roma and young Roma, and build upon previous experiences and results. Representatives of relevant international organisations and institutions working and supporting Roma issues will be also invited to take part at the conference.
Profile of participants
The conference will bring together representatives and active leaders of Roma youth organisations,young Roma active in other organisations and projects, representatives of other European and national youth organisations and networks policy makers and representatives of international organisations and
foundations will also actively take part in the conference.
All participants should:
- Be aged between 18 and 35 years (exceptions will be possible based on the quality of the application form)
- Be motivated and committed to contribute to the conference and its outcomes
- Be active and have some experience in activities with Roma young people, communities and organisations
- Be able to work in English or Romanes
- Be available for the whole duration of the conference
The preparatory team of the c onference will select participants on the basis of the following
- Compliance with the profile of participants
- Representation of the diversity of Roma communities across the 47 members states of the Council of Europe
- Balanced participation of young Roma women and young Roma men
- Level of understanding and experience in the field of (Roma) youth and Roma issues.
Application procedure and deadlines
- All interested candidate must apply online, completing the application form through this link:
- The application must be submitted by 20 August 2015, at midnight Central European Time
For further information about the Conference, please contact Zsuzsanna Molnar,
For More Information: