Application Deadline: June 30, 2015.
International law firm Dorsey & Whitney LLP is proud to announce the establishment of a new Young Leaders Program. The Program will give a handful of talented, diverse young people the opportunity to work alongside Dorsey attorneys and staff as interns for a week in the Firm’s New York office. Interns may participate in either the Legal Group or the Management/Administration Group.
- Legal Group participants will learn to support Dorsey attorneys, paralegals and case assistants on legal matters. Management/ Administration Group participants will learn to support office staff on daily operations of the Firm.
- The Young Leaders Program aims to further participants’ understanding of what it means to work in a professional firm and what it is like to serve clients and community. Participants will also learn basic business and employment skills, including interview skills, resume building, business dress, office and employment etiquette and what employers look for in job candidates.
- The week-long internship program will occur August 3-7, 2015.
- In addition to receiving mentoring and attending social events, participants will receive a stipend and commuting expenses.
Those interested should have a high level of maturity and demonstrate an interest in leadership in the community.
- Applicants will be asked to indicate their preference in either the Legal Group or the Management/Administration Group, provide two references and a short essay.
- Applicants should be high school seniors in the upcoming 2015-2016 school year or currently enrolled in a college degree program. The Firm expects to select four to five interns for the 2015 program.
- Applications for Dorsey’s Young Leaders Internship Program are available from Michelle Doran at email@example.com.
- To be eligible, completed applications, including reference letters and essay must be received by Michelle Doran at the same e-mail address no later than June 30, 2015.