Application Deadline: October 1st 2015
The Estonian Institute offers scholarships to holders of a doctoral degree or Master’s or Doctoral students who are citizens of a foreign state and are studying at a university abroad, to write a research paper on an Estonia-related topic or to gather material for it.
The scholarship is designated to cover subsistence expenses, tuition fees and costs directly connected with the research; it may be granted for a period ranging from five to ten months. The scholarship for a five-month period is 2500 EUR.
Knowledge of Estonian is an advantage but not a requirement.
The scholarship is granted by the Council of Academic Studies of Estonian Language and Culture Abroad, involving experts when necessary. The scholarship is financed by the Estonian Ministry of Education and Research and administered by the Estonian Institute.
The following documents should be presented for applying:
- Estophilus’ online application form
- The completed application form (Please send this form by regular mail)
- Plan of research
- Certificate proving the applicant’s status as a postgraduate student or a copy of a document proving his or her PhD degree
- Written confirmation from an Estonian research or development institution to receive the applicant. In the confirmation letter, the receiver must give a short overview in Estonian about the research topic and justify the significance of the research for Estonia (max 1 A4).
- For postgraduate students a recommendation from their research supervisor
For More Information: