Application Deadline: 10th June 2015, 22.00 Brussels time
The European Commission is organising an on-line video competition to attract young talents to the construction sector. Submit a short video showcasing your innovative project, vision, or idea for the construction sector and take your chance to win a smartphone and gain visibility at European level.
The construction sector offers plenty of opportunities for you! It generates almost 10% of EU GDP and provides 20 million direct jobs. It is a key solution-provider for the societal challenges we face, such as reaching our energy and climate objectives, preparing for an ageing society and offering smart living solutions.
What can you offer to the construction sector? Bricks made from recycled materials? Smart devices that allow you to better control energy consumption at home? A new app to calculate the environmental impact of the buildings on your smartphone? On the spot innovative approaches? You name it!
What are your skills? What are your talents? Share them with us! The sector needs you.
Two categories of participants can compete. The two most original projects in each category will be awarded a prize.
- Why we need more young talents – newcomers, students as well as training centres are key in the achievement of sustainable construction practices, among others: new methods at workplace, new methods of apprentice, smart installing and/or maintaining, etc.
- What can you do – we need you to share your experience to help others get convinced that there is a bright future for young talent in the construction sector.
- Who can take part – if you are between 15 and 20 years old, have participated in an educational project with your class or within your apprenticeship, or simply have a new vision for the construction sector: this is your category!
- Why we need more young talents – Europe needs to attract young talent to the construction sector. People that engage within the construction value chain in the delivery of sustainable construction results such as energy and resource efficiency measures, waste management, digitalisation, etc.
- What are we looking for – we encourage particularly but not exclusively architects and engineers to impress with their methods and solutions to attract new talent to the sector.
- Who can take part – if you are between 18 and 30, a young worker or in your final years of studies, you have an idea or project that can change the way we approach construction: we are waiting for your video!
How should your video look like?
The submitted videos should respect the following criteria:
- Maximum weight: 300MB
- Maximum length: 2 minutes
- Accepted formats: .avi, .mov, .mp4
- Language: the video should be in English, or have English sub-titles.