2015 European Prize for Social Integration Through Sport
Application Deadline: 6 November 2015 00.00 CET
Sport brings educational benefits because of the values it promotes such as respect, tolerance and self-control. As such, it can bring about positive social change and be used as a tool of prevention and education for topics such as discrimination, racism and violence.
Are you running a social integration project through sport that you wish to make known at the European level? Why not apply through one of the five categories of the European Prize for Social Integration Through Sport?
The European Prize for Social Integration Through Sport is organised by Efus in the framework of the Sport+ project, in partnership with the ASBL Fan Coaching-Eurofan (Belgium), the University of Saragossa (Spain), the Italian Forum for Urban Security (FISU), The Netherlands Institute for Sports and Physical Activity (NISB), and the Higher Institute for Police Science and Internal Security (Intituto Superior de Ciências Policiais e Segurança Interna, ISCPSI, Portugal).
The Sport+ project seeks to promote initiatives that foster social integration through sport, through promoting values such as respect and tolerance. This project is co-financed by the European Commission.
- Prevention of and fight against racism
- Promotion of gender equality
- Integration of marginalised populations
- Integration of populations at risk
- Education about active citizenship or fair play
- Participation in the European Prize is open to local and regional authorities, the voluntary sector, non-governmental organisations and private organisations from any of the 28 European Union Member States.
- The winner in each category will receive financial support (up to €8,000) to be used to organise a local event to promote their project.
- The five winning projects as well as any other project deemed particularly interesting by the jury will be featured in a publication focused on the role of sport as a tool to strengthen social cohesion, which will be targeted at European political decision-makers.
Applications will be examined by a jury composed of the Sport+ project’s partners and Efus. A support committee composed of sport and crime prevention professionals will have a consultative role.
The jury will apply seven selection criteria:
- Overall quality of the project
- Relevance within the chosen category
- Innovative character
- Quality of the partnership
- Cost-benefit relation
How to Apply:
- Submit your project by filling the application form (in French or English only). ]
- A Word version of the application form is available upon request.