Application Deadline: October 30th, 2015
GfK is proud to present the fifth annual Next Generation (“NextGen”) Competition in market research. In the ever-changing, fast-paced corporate world, market researchers must be able to think on their feet and bring innovative ideas to take on emerging business issues.
This competition is designed to give undergraduate student researchers from North American colleges or universities a chance to test their marketing and research knowledge, using innovative techniques and perspectives to address a critical issue for today’s marketers.
The competition is open to full- and part-time undergraduate students currently matriculating at accredited North American colleges or universities. Students may submit entries independently or with a team (up to 4 students per team). One faculty advisor is allowed per team. GfK employees, including interns, are not eligible.
To qualify, final papers must:
- Be based on the student(s)’ own original, primary research
- Be authored by the students (support from faculty is permitted, but the paper must be the work of the student or students)
- Include a literature review, methodology section, results, and discussion of implications, including a reflection of the relevance of the research for the selected topic(s)
- Each team member must have primary responsibility for and materially support the conduct of the research presented in the paper.
The winning team will:
- Receive a cash award of $1,000
- Travel to to GfK’s North American headquarters in New York City to present to and work firsthand with GfK thought leaders. (GfK will cover travel, hotel accommodations, and meal expenses for two student researchers and one faculty adviser.)
- Be featured in GfK press materials, including a release, video, and outreach to trade media.
Competition entry forms due: October 30th, 2015
Finalists notified: November 23rd, 2015
Final projects due: February 12th, 2016
Winning team notified: March 4th, 2016
For More Information: