Amount: up to 1500 euros
- March 1 – for travel to meetings or conferences occurring during July to December of that year.
- September 1 – for travel to meetings or conferences occurring during January to June of the following year.
IBRO International Travel Grants aim to foster neuroscience research, especially in less well-funded countries, by providing support to high-quality neuroscientists from diverse geographic and scientific areas (US/Canada Region excluded), who wish to participate in international neuroscience meetings.
Priority is given to those who have not obtained funding from this program within the past three years. Applicants cannot apply for more than one category of funding within travel grants in the same funding cycle.
IBRO/SfN Travel Grants Program:
The Society for Neuroscience (SfN) offers travel fellowships to their annual meeting for neuroscientists under the age of 35 who are currently working and living in a resource-restricted country – those defined by the World Bank as low, lower-middle, or upper-middle income. Registration fees are waived for successful candidates attending the meeting.
Amount: up to $2000 US
- To qualify for this travel award, you must both be a citizen of and reside in a country that the World Bank has classified low, lower-middle or upper-middle income.
- Candidates from the US and Canada are excluded.
- The applicant should be the first author of an abstract to be presented at the SfN annual meeting. A copy of the abstract submitted to SfN for a poster or a platform presentation is required.
Awardees will be notified prior to the SfN abstract deadline of May 15 of the current year as to whether they have been elected for the SfN travel grant. However, this award is contingent upon the awardee’s abstract being accepted by SfN, proof of attendance at the meeting, and fulfillment of the requirements as stated above.