Application Deadline: July 17th 2015
The Intensive Workshop on Global Affairs will be a three-day event, open to PhD candidates, post-doc students and young researchers, from Portuguese and foreign institutions, held at the Faculty of Arts of the University of Porto, and whose aim is to allow the discussion of ongoing research work on International Relations and closely-related areas.
The event is a natural follow-up of a previous Conference of Young Researchers on International Relations, which took place in 2014, also at the Faculty of Arts of the University of Porto, and which counted with the attendance of Stefano Guzzini and Christian Kaunert.
The call for papers and application to the workshop is open from the 1st of May until the 17th of July to PhD students, Post-doc fellows and junior researchers, working within the International Relations and closely related areas and subfields.
There will be 30 vacancies, and the participants will be selected according to the quality of their paper, CV and motivation. English proficiency is required as it will be the working language of the workshop.
By applying, participants are acknowledging they are aware of all the procedures involved with their participation, i.e.:
- Sending a full paper (between 3000 and 4000 words)
- Reading the peers’ papers (they will comment on them and ask questions to all the colleagues in their panel)
- Registering and paying the fee within the deadline
- Depending on the supervisors of the practical sessions, reading extra materials.
For the application, applicants will need to supply:
- A short biography with simple information about them (affiliation, status, contacts, research interests etc.)
- 1-page summary of the paper they will send, including clear references to the subject under study, objectives and methodological aspects.
- Max. 2-page CV.
- Max. 1-page Letter of motivation to participate in the Workshop
For More Information: