Speech Research Intern (256083) S/W Engineering, Intern/Coop, Travel Required None
Samsung R&D Institute United Kingdom , Staines-Upon-Thames United Kingdom
SRUK is currently seeking an intern to work in the area of speech processing, to be based at our Staines-upon-Thames site. This role will involve, but will not be limited to, the following duties and responsibilities:
- Research and development – generating original and independent research in the field of speech processing to assess and improve audio quality for mobile phones in various levels of background noise.
- Developing intellectual property rights on the above mentioned technologies.
- Production of high quality Matlab and/or C code.
- Provision of written reports to document the research.
- Working as a member of a team and cultivating effective team relations.
- Taking part in knowledge-transfer activities, including collaboration with other Samsung researchers.
Necessary Skills / Attributes
- Ph.D degree in an area of Audio/Signal processing (on going or completed).
- A good understanding and proven expertise in following software platforms/languages: C/C++ and/or Matlab.
- A good understanding of documentation requirements and able to clearly present complex ideas.
- A good level of inter-personal and communication skills to be able to communicate with a wide range of people within the Organisation.
- The desire and ability to work within a team structure.
A high degree of self-motivation and enthusiasm to learn.
For More Information: