Application Deadline: June 23rd 2015
Transgender Europe (TGEU) is a European non-profit, non-governmental umbrella organisation working for the full equality and inclusion of all trans people in Europe. The network includes trans and other organisations that support or work for the rights of all trans people across Europe.
The mission of TGEU is to support and strengthen the trans movement and to be a powerful advocacy organisation for trans rights in Europe and beyond.
Internship Description & Responsibilities
The Intern will be a part of TGEU’s Policy & Capacity Building Team and will have the opportunity to gain insight into and contribute to a variety of European and national-level advocacy, policy and campaigning activities, as well as an oversight and understanding of TGEU’s work more generally.
The Intern will be expected to have responsibilities such as:
- Supporting TGEU’s advocacy, policy and campaigning activities
- Conducting research to support TGEU’s advocacy work
- Managing small projects
- Handling administrative and logistical tasks
- Cooperating with the TGEU team, taking over other tasks as required.
Desired profile of the applicant
The Intern should have a demonstrated interest and some experience in trans and LGBI activism at local, national or European level. The Intern should have a high commitment to promoting the aims of TGEU.
The Intern is expected to fulfill the following requirements:
- Some previous work or volunteering experience in trans and LGBI related fields
- An interest in advocacy work and EU law
- Good knowledge of spoken and written English
- Good knowledge of another European language (desirable)
- Exact and reliable working methods
- Ability to take responsibility for managing small projects
- Ability to work with individuals and diverse teams
- Be a EU citizen or be allowed to work in the EU
Please note that preference will be given to applicants who currently are or have been working or volunteering for a TGEU member organisation.
- A 100% (40h per week) internship starting earliest on August 1st and latest on September 15th, 2015, for a period of 3 months
- The possibility to work for Europe’s leading trans human rights NGO
- A monthly salary of €1,100 (includes health care coverage)
- Relocation support to Berlin
- Fill Out the Application Form
- Please do not send copies of degrees and certificates. You will be asked to provide these at a later stage in the process.
Job interviews are scheduled to take place over Skype in the week from 6 – 10 July.
In case you have questions in relation to the application procedure, the position or TGEU please send your inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please send your application before June 23, 2015, 17:00 CET to email@example.com.
For More Information: