Application Deadline: 29th July 2015
The Wenhui (文晖) Award for Educational Innovation, established by the National Commission of the People’s Republic of China for UNESCO, and coordinated by the UNESCO Asia-Pacific Programme of Educational Innovation for Development (APEID), aims to recognize the contributions of educators and institutions which have optimized the potential of education and the human innovative spirit to address and resolve pressing issues and problems facing our world today.
For 2015, the theme of the Wenhui Award is Innovations for Skills Development for the Future to recognize innovative approaches that have helped to develop the different types of skills needed for the 21st century, demonstrated effective re-skilling and adjustment to skills mismatch, and contributed to productive and sustainable development.
- Two individuals or institutions from the Asia and Pacific region will be selected by a jury of distinguished educators.
- The winners will each receive a Certificate of Excellence and prize money of US$ 20,000 at the Wenhui Award event to be held in Ningbo, Zhejiang Province, China. Certificates of Merit may also be awarded to individuals or institutions that have demonstrated commendable innovative practices.
- The results will be announced through a variety of channels to share the achievements of the winners and awardees.
Individuals or institutions from UNESCO Member States in Asia and the Pacific region that have designed and implemented significant educational innovations leading to improved access to, and quality in, education and skills development will be eligible for the Award.
More specifically, the Jury will be looking for educational innovations that have:
- developed educational and training contents, pedagogies and knowledge to enhance skills development for the 21st century;
- brought about noticeable changes in values, mindsets, practices, behaviours and skills for now and in the future; and
- promoted and translated the principles of lifelong learning in skills development.
How to Apply:
- Applications can be submitted by government agencies, educational institutions, international organizations, non-governmental organizations and individuals in UNESCO Member States in the Asia and Pacific region.
- All applications should reach the Award Secretariat at UNESCO Bangkok through the National Commissions for UNESCO, UNESCO Offices and other organizations associated with UNESCO, using an official Award Application Form available here (.doc,170kb).
⇒ Closing date for nominations: 29 July 2015
⇒ Selection of shortlisted nominations: Early September 2015
⇒ Final selection and announcement of winners: End of September 2015
⇒ Award ceremony: To be confirmed
For More Information: