2015 UpRising Core Leadership Programme for young people in the United Kingdom
The UpRising core leadership programme is a nine month programme, involving ‘access behind the scenes’ sessions with some of the UK’s most senior leaders.
To be eligable to apply for the core leadership programme you need to be;
– aged 19-25
– live in a city where UpRising runs
– have bags of enthusiam and a desire to make positive change
The UpRising core leadership programme runs in all of our cities;
– Bedford & Luton
The UpRising Core Leadership Programme
- The core programme offers participants a unique first-hand view of the way that political, business, public sector and community organisations work together to shape our communities.
- Each participant is individually matched with a coach and a mentor who supports them on a one to one basis throughout their time on the programme.
- All participants work with other UpRisers to design and deliver a social action campaign on a local issue they are passionate about.
- As well as forming networks with senior figures, participants also build strong networks amongst their peers on the programme.
- Through this programme we equip young people with the knowledge, networks, skills and confidence to reach their leadership potential and take social action on issues they care about.
- Most sessions and workshops take place in the evening so that the programme can be fitted around work, study and other commitments.