Application Deadline: 5:00 PM on Friday, July 10, 2015.
Eurasia Foundation (EF) invites young Eurasia specialists to apply for membership to its 2015-16 Young Professionals Network (YPN). The Network was created to honor EF’s late board chair Sarah Carey, who was an indispensable advisor to young people interested in the Eurasia region. The YPN program identifies young professionals who share EF’s commitment to international engagement across the Eurasia region and connects them with established professionals from a variety of fields.
EF Young Professionals will participate in monthly events with influential diplomats, scholars and journalists between September 2015 and May 2016. All events will take place in Washington, DC. Events include breakfast briefings, evening receptions, and other EF-sponsored gatherings.
Requirements & Expectations
EF seeks young professionals with the following qualifications:
- A deep interest in and demonstrable commitment to the Eurasia region;
- Between the ages of 22 and 33;
- Working in any sector of government, media, the military, the private sector, or for a non-profit;
- A bachelor’s or equivalent degree; and
- The capacity to attend monthly program events in the morning and/or evening.
Before applying, please consider if your professional and personal obligations will allow you to fully participate.
To apply please submit the following materials:
- Current resume;
- Letter of interest describing how the applicant will contribute to and benefit from the program;
- Letter of reference from a current or former employer or professor addressing the applicant’s motivation, commitment to the Eurasia region, and leadership qualities; and
- The name, title, organization and contact information of the person who has written the applicant’s letter of reference.
All application materials must be submitted to Joshua Foust (firstname.lastname@example.org) in full by 5:00 PM on Friday, July 10, 2015.
International candidates are encouraged to apply, however, attendance at monthly events in Washington, DC, USA is a requirement for acceptance into the Young Professionals Network. No financial assistance is provided for travel.
Due to the high volume of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted.
Applicants will be notified by Monday, August 17, 2015. Any questions should be directed to Joshua Foust (email@example.com).
For More Information: