Application Deadline: January 15 2015
The Generation Google Scholarship was established to help aspiring computer scientists excel in technology and become leaders in the field. Selected students will receive 10,000 USD (for those studying in the US) or 5,000 CAD (for those studying in Canada) for the 2015-2016 school year.
As part of the scholarship, current high school seniors who are entering their first year of university in 2015-2016 will be required to attend Google’s Computer Science Summer Institute (CSSI) in the summer of 2015. Current undergraduate or graduate students will be invited to attend the Google Scholars’ Retreat in the summer of 2015.
Generation Google Scholarship for current university students
To be eligible to apply, applicants must:
- Be currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student at a university for the 2014-2015 academic year
- Intend to be enrolled in or accepted as a full-time student at a university in the US or Canada for the 2015-2016 school year
- Pursuing a computer science or computer engineering degree, or a degree in a closely related technical field
- Exemplify leadership and demonstrate a passion for computer science and technology
- Exhibit a strong record of academic achievement
- Be a student from an underrepresented group in computer science (African American, Hispanic, American Indian, or Female. Students with disabilities should apply to the Google Lime Scholarship on google.com/students/scholarships).
For current university students:
Please complete the online application which must include:
- General background information (includes contact information and information about your current and intended institutions for the 2014-2015 school year)
- Current resume
- Academic transcripts from your current and prior institutions (if you have earned a prior degree)
- Two letters of reference from a professor, instructor, adviser or supervisor
- Responses to four essay questions