Application Deadline: September 1st 2015
The Acumen India Fellows Program is a one-year, fully-funded leadership development program that gives 20 individuals from across India the training they need to accelerate their social impact and leadership potential.
- Individuals who are working to end poverty in their community through some kind of social change project.
- Though many of our Fellows work in the social enterprise space, selected Fellows can be working in any sector (i.e. for-profit, non-profit, social enterprise, government) in any issue area (i.e. human rights, agriculture, education, etc). We will also consider a handful of exceptional individuals who are not currently engaged in a project, but have significant experience or show strong leadership potential.
- Fellows can be entrepreneurs who started their own organization, or individuals who are influencing change within an existing organization.
- Selected Fellows are entrepreneurial in their attitudes, mindset, and approach. That doesn’t mean each Fellow has to be running or leading a new organization; it means that you take risk and don’t accept the old ways of doing things as good enough.
- Fellows come from of all age groups and education levels, but must be able to fully participate in a program that is conducted in English.
- Fellows must be from India and must show a demonstrated commitment and concrete connection to India.
- Fellows must demonstrate strong personal integrity, unrelenting perseverance, and moral imagination.
- Fellows must be ready and willing to undergo an intensive year-long personal transformation and leadership journey.
The Application Process
The online application consists of:
- Background information
- Short & long answer questions
Application Instructions: For more guidance on how to answer the application questions, please click here.
Frequently Asked Questions: For a list of Frequently Asked Questions and their answers, please click here.
The Selection Process
The selection process for this program is very rigorous and highly competitive. Here is a general timeline of the process:
- Applications for the 2016 Class open: July 1, 2015
- Applications close: September 1, 2015
- Telephone Interviews: September 2015
- In-Person Interviews: October 17, 2015
- Final Selection: December 2015
For More Information: