Application Deadline: 31st August 2015
The AFoCo Landmark Graduate Scholarship Program is designed to provide higher education in the field of forestry in the Republic of Korea (ROK) for the ten (10) AFoCo Member Countries in Southeast Asia, with the aim of promoting capacity building in the forestry sector amongst AFoCo Member Countries.
Eligible Universities and Fields of Study in 2016
In 2016, candidates can apply to any of the four (4) universities listed below:
1) Chungnam National University,
2) Chungbuk National University,
3) Kangwon National University, and
4) Kongju National University
- The applicant must be a citizen of one of the ten (10) AFoCo Member Countries (Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Lao PDR, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand or Viet Nam).
*(Important) Applicants who have enrolled in or graduated from a university for an undergraduate, a master’s or a doctoral program in ROK will be disqualified from applying for the Program.
- Applicants should be in good health, both mentally and physically, to stay in the ROK for an extended period of time.
* Applicants must submit the Personal Medical Assessment (Attachment #5). A serious illness (For example, HIV, Drug, etc) can be the main cause of disqualification from the scholarship.
- Disabled individuals who satisfy the requirements are eligible for the Program.
Preference may be given to applicants:
- whose previous major is in a field of forestry;
- who are currently working in forestry agencies in his/her country;
- who are university professors currently in a field of forestry of his/her country;
- who have a higher grade point average (G.P.A.) than other applicants;
- who have English or Korean proficiency; and,
- who have been awarded and/or have published academic papers.
Total annual cost of the scholarship: Maximum US$22,500 per person
The annual amount provided to a scholarship grantee shall be up to US$22,500.
Detailed list of scholarship support
Airfare: Round-trip economy class ticket
* Airfare shall be provided only in case of entering ROK before the start of the scholarship period and returning to one’s home country after graduation.
* The fees for domestic travel within the scholar’s home country and travel insurance to and from ROK shall not be provided.
Settlement Allowance : US$400 upon arrival
* Only for scholars traveling from their own country, not for scholars currently residing in ROK.
Monthly Allowance: US$900 per month
- Research Allowance: US$1,000 per year for students in the master’s program and US$2,000 per year for students in the doctoral program
- Language Training Fee (English/Korean): maximum US$500 per Semester, depending on the actual expense.
- Tuitions: The tuition shall be paid by the AFoCo Secretariat.
- Dissertation Printing Costs: maximum of US$1,000, depending on the actual expense.
- Medical Insurance: US$200 per Semester, depending on the actual expense.
- Publishing of an article in academic journals: Related expense after his/her manuscript is passed and a special reward of US$500 will be given.
For More Information: