Application Deadline: 14 August 2015.
Universities New Zealand – Te Pōkai Tara has invited the CSC to nominate eight candidates for Commonwealth Scholarships for PhD study in New Zealand starting in early 2016.
The following universities in New Zealand are offering to fund one Commonwealth Scholarship each at varying values:
- Auckland University of Technology
- Lincoln University
- Massey University
- University of Auckland
- University of Canterbury
- University of Otago
- University of Waikato
- Victoria University of Wellington
- Be citizens of the United Kingdom (applicants with dual New Zealand/British nationality are ineligible)
- Have at least an Upper Second Class Honours undergraduate degree (by the time of taking up an award)
- Have thoroughly researched the research programmes and capabilities of their universities of preference in New Zealand and be able to demonstrate that they have made contact with and can show some degree of support from a potential doctoral supervisor. An indication that an applicant has received an offer of a place at their preferred New Zealand university would assist the assessment process but is not mandatory
How to apply
Candidates must read the rules and regulations before starting their application – this document contains important information about the application process.
Each applicant must submit:
- One original application form and four copies (five in total). You should specify at least two preferred institutions of study on the form
- Five recent passport-size photographs, one stapled to each application form in the space provided
- One signed conditions form
- One certified copy of your birth certificate, and, if necessary, other proof of UK citizenship. This should be attached to the original application form
- Five certified copies of any undergraduate or postgraduate transcripts. (It is very important that these list the subjects passed and the grades of pass in each subject; academic records excluding such information cannot be assessed by the universities.) If you have yet to graduate, you should submit five copies of a letter from the university at which you are currently registered giving the details of your grades so far
- Five copies of a letter or email from your prospective supervisor in New Zealand offering support for your application
- Five copies of a covering letter, no longer than two sides of A4, setting out why you should receive a Commonwealth Scholarship, taking note of the selection criteria outlined at the front of the application form, and stating why you wish to study in New Zealand
- Supporting statements from three referees, which should be submitted directly to the CSC at the address below. The reports should be submitted using the supporting statement form. You should download and fill out the first side of this form, save it, and then forward it to your referees for them to complete.
All applications must be sent in hard copy with supporting documents to:
Commonwealth Scholarship Commission (HA)
20-24 Tavistock Square
The closing date for receipt of applications is 14 August 2015.
For More Information: