Application Deadline: June 30th 2015
The European External Action Service (EEAS) and the European Commission (EC) have established a high-level traineeship programme which gives an opportunity to highly qualified junior professionals from the EU Members State to work in the EU Delegations worldwide.
The aim of the programme is to enable young people to gain a first-hand experience in the work of Delegations and an in-depth understanding of their role in the implementation of EU external policies.
Every 18 months, the EEAS and EC open a call for expression of interest. For the current round 2015-2016, there are 83 young professionals posted in different Delegations.
WHO CAN APPLY?
Candidates applying for this high-level traineeship programme should:
- be a national from an EU Member State,
- hold at least a university degree equivalent to a Master’s degree (see Diploma Annex ) in a domain relevant to the activities of the Delegations;
- have excellent command of English and / or French; knowledge of other languages is an asset (see Languages Annex );
- show a great interest and motivation to work in a Delegation;
- professional experience, extra-curriculum activities such as volunteering or publications, is an important asset.
Selected candidates will be offered a single traineeship agreement of a fixed-term of nine (9) months, which can be renewed for another period of nine (9) months.
Trainees are entitled to a monthly remuneration package composed of:
- a grant of 1,300 EUR;
- an accommodation contribution set at 1,000 EUR;
- a hardship contribution added to these mentioned above – depending on the Living Conditions Allowance in a Delegation from 10% to 35%. (LCA table ).
In addition, JPDs will be granted:
- an installation contribution of 2,000 EUR at the beginning of their traineeship;
- a contribution for the cost of the journey for each period of a traineeship – 2,500 EUR;
- 500 EUR to cover the insurance cost for each period of 9 months of traineeship.
WHERE ARE THE CANDIDATES POSTED?
Junior Professional can work in one of the 139 EU Delegations and can be posted, depending the nature of their tasks, in:
- the EEAS sections – for political, press and information functions (standard description of training assignments for EEAS functions );
- the EC sections – for aid management, trade, economic issues, etc. (the standard description of training assignments for Commission functions )
How to Apply:
- Applications (application form) shall be addressed exclusively to the authorities designated by each EU Member State (the points of contact for your Member State ).
- LAUNCHING of the 2016 ROUND : 1st June 2015
- Deadline for applications to Member States : 30 June 2015
- Lists of pre-selected candidates submitted to EEAS and Commission by all the Member States: 30 September 2015
- Selection panels at EEAS and Commission and matching process (who goes where) : October 2015
- Communication of results to Member States : November 2015
- Traineeship offers sent to candidates : December 2015
- Reception of documents required from selected candidates : January 2016
- Obligatory Induction Training in Brussels : 1st week March 2016
- Starting of traineeships in EU Delegations : 2nd week March 2016
For More Information: