Weimar Awards are granted in the following categories:
The graduate awards are for scientists who have obtained above-average results in their degree studies and wish to document the conceptual context of their research project, to be realised in Weimar, by means of a dissertation or equivalent scientific work. An assessment approving the research project must be enclosed with the application.
Young science graduates who have already completed their doctoral thesis and published their work in relevant journals can apply for a post-doctoral award.
The residential awards are for graduates, scientists who have completed their doctoral thesis and habilitated scientists whose monthly net income exceeds 1,500 Euro and will also do so during the period for which a Weimar award is requested. With the residential awards, the Klassik Stiftung Weimar grants scientists a more generous book allowance and a variety of concessions during the period of their research in Weimar.
Financial assistance is available for a maximum of 6 months:
- Graduate award holders are granted 1,000 Euro/month
- Post-doctoral award holders are granted 1,500 Euro/month
- Residential award holders are granted 500 Euro/month
- Application form
- Abstract of research plan (10-15 lines), which will be published on the Klassik Stiftung Weimar’s website in the event of an award being approved
- Brief outline of the research plan profiling the applicant’s own research interests, the current standing of research in the relevant field, the applicant’s own preliminary work and describing how the applicant’s own research project would be carried on by a period of residence in Weimar (5-6 pages)
- Curriculum vitae in table form, list of publications, certificates and references
- Evaluation of the research project to be completed in Weimar (when applying for a graduate award)
Decisions concerning grant applications are made in March and September every year. Applications must be submitted by the following deadlines:
- for Spring: January 31
- for Autumn: July 31
Please send your application online (in one PDF-Document) or by post to the address given below.
Adress for applications
Klassik Stiftung Weimar
Stabsreferat Forschung und Bildung
For More Information: