Application Deadline: 3 December 2015.
Do you want to be a part of an international network of emerging leaders focused on responsible leadership and sustainable business practices? Join the Swedish Institute Management Programme (SIMP) Asia.
SIMP Asia is partly funded by the Swedish Government and will be open to applicants from China, India, Indonesia, the Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam. The programme curriculum revolves around advanced business-related problem solving, seminars and meetings with front figures in the commercial, political and cultural fields, as well as on-site company visits.
By providing the platform for knowledge sharing, experience exchange and quality networking, the programme aims to challenge traditional approaches, reinforce professional skills, deepen cross-cultural perspectives and unite the participants in a long-lasting and active global network.
The programme comprises three weeks of intensive training divided into two introductory kick-off days in Asia, a two-week module in Sweden and a concluding five-day module in Asia, spread out over seven months.
To apply to SIMP Asia you have to:
- Be in a senior position within trade, industry or the public sector with a minimum of five years of managerial experience
- Be in a position to drive decisions and have a mandate to influence the business strategies for your organisation
- Be interested in learning more about Corporate Responsibility as a tool for good management
- Be between 25-45 years old.
- Have a good working knowledge of both written and spoken English
- Be a citizen of China, India, Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand or Vietnam
Please note that we will not be able to make any exceptions to the eligibility requirements.
A complete application consists of:
- A completed SIMP Asia Application Form 2016 in English, including your contact details and the contact details (name, job title, telephone number and e-mail) of two reference persons who are familiar with your work within change management.
- A letter of recommendation in English (no more than 1 page) from one of the reference persons. The letter should specifically motivate your participation in the programme with reference to the programme theme. We may contact the reference persons of the applicants who are selected for an interview. We only accept references who speak English.
- An updated CV in English
- A recent photo
If you have any questions regarding the application form, please send an email to hridi.karim(a)si.se.
- The relevance and quality of personal motivation and commitment, and the applicant’s answers in the SIMP Asia application form.
- An assessment of the CV.
- An assessment of the letter of recommendation from one reference person.
- The general qualifications of the applicant.
- Deadline for applications: 3 Dec 2015
- Skype interviews: 27 January – 3 February 2016
- Accepted applicants will be informed by: 26 February 2016
- SIMP Asia 2016 Kick off in Asia: 1-2 April 2016.
- SIMP Asia 2016 Module 1 in Sweden: 15-28 May 2016
- SIMP Asia 2016 Module 2 in Asia: 11-15 October 2016
For More Information: