2016/17 Commonwealth Teacher Exchange Programme (CTEP) for Teachers.

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr

Application Deadline: 31st January 2016

Are you a UK teacher looking for professional and personal development? 
Are you interested in a post-to-post exchange with Canada or Australia? 

The Commonwealth Teacher Exchange Programme (CTEP) is a great opportunity for teachers to develop professionally and personally, by experiencing life in another education system and culture. For the academic years 2016-17, the two countries on the programme are likely to be Australia and Canada.

The Commonwealth Teacher Exchange Programme (CTEP) has been running for 100 years, initiated by the League for the Exchange of Commonwealth Teachers (LECT). It is now being managed by The Royal Commonwealth Society through its subsidiary charity, the Commonwealth Youth Exchange Council (CYEC), an RCS education and development charity and an accredited Commonwealth Association.

CTEP, administered by the RCS/CYEC, is recognised by the UK Government for allocation of Tier 5 visas to enable exchange counterparts to work in UK, and similar arrangements exist for UK teachers to obtain visas to work in Canada and Australia on a reciprocal post-to-post exchange basis. RCS/CYEC has a co-management partnership with most of the state/province education jurisdictions, or their agents, in Canada and Australia in order to run this professional interchange programme.

Eligibility Criteria
You need to:

  • have a minimum of five years teaching experience, inclusive of the probationary teaching year
  • hold QTS / a degree plus PGCE certificate / B.Ed.
  • be able to demonstrate the professional, academic and legal requirements set by the host education jurisdiction
  • have an excellent professional record backed up by full references
  • be prepared to adapt to a varied teaching context and potentially challenging situations
  • commit to making the exchange year a success and bringing your learning back to your UK institution
  • commit to the full agreed exchange period (normally one year, but shorter periods can be negotiated)
  • provide suitable accommodation for your exchange partner, usually your own home, although alternative rented accommodation may be arranged. Both participants must have sole occupancy of accommodation.

How to Apply:

  • The application form will be available for download from 1st November 2015. Alternatively, please log your request for an application form by emailing

For More information:

Visit the Official Webpage of the Commonwealth Teacher Exchange Programme (CTEP)

Comments are closed.