Application Deadline: October 1, 2015
The Centre for Advanced Study Sofia (CAS Sofia) announces a Call for Applications for its newly opened GERDA HENKEL Fellowship for fundamental research in the fields of the humanities and the social sciences.
The five-months in-residence fellowships are granted under the framework of the CAS Advanced Academia programme and supports PhD holders from the following countries: Afghanistan, Belarus, China (only Tibet and Xinjiang Autonomous Regions), Kasakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Mongolia, Russia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, and Uzbekistan.
- Be citizens of one of the following countries: Afghanistan, Belarus, China (permanent residence in Tibet or Xinjiang Autonomous Regions), Kasakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Mongolia, Russia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, and Uzbekistan.;
- Have completed a PhD in the fields of the humanities and social sciences;
- International research experience (participation in projects and refereed conferences) and publications in peer-reviewed academic editions are strong advantages;
- Preference will be given to candidates below the age of 45.
Fellows are entitled to:
- A monthly stipend of 750 euro (liable to 10% income tax) to cover living expenses related to the stay in Sofia;
- Accommodation in Sofia, comprising living quarters and working space. The Fellows will also have free access to the CAS library and electronic resources/databases;
- Travel from the home country to Sofia and back, visa and insurance costs (up to 850 Euro);
- Research field trip abroad during the fellowship period – up to1500 Euros (a one-time allowance);
- Research expenses (100 euro per month).
DURATION AND CONDITIONS
Candidates may apply for two periods:
- I. 1 March 2016 – 31 July 2016 (Summer semester)
- II. 1 October 2016 – 28 February 2017 (Winter semester)
N.B. The final invitation for fellowship depends on the ranking of the application and the preferred period. Availability for both periods is an advantage for the applicant. Please, indicate in the application form whether you prefer one or either period.
As an international academic institution CAS conducts most of its work in English which is also the language of the presentations of research results. Therefore, a good command of English is highly desirable.
Links for downloading:
For More Information: