The Department of Diagnostic Radiology at the University of Washington offers three yearly Fellowship positions in Breast Imaging, beginning July 1st of each year.
The Department of Radiology’s Breast Imaging Section has five clinical faculty members who practice at the Seattle Cancer Care Alliance’s Breast Center, in addition to one full-time research faculty member. The Seattle Cancer Care Alliance, a state-of-the-art research facility and clinic, is a partnership among The University of Washington, Seattle Children’s Hospital, and Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center.
The Fellowship offers 12 months of comprehensive training in all aspects of breast imaging including:
- Screening and diagnostic mammography
- Breast ultrasound
- Breast MRI
- Digital breast tomosynthesis
- Percutaneous interventions guided by mammography, ultrasound, and MRI
Fellows will participate in multidisciplinary conferences, teaching, clinical research, and the development of new imaging / interventional tools, and will have the opportunity to attend national radiology meetings.
THE APPLICATION PROCESS
Please submit the following materials via email, fax, or conventional mail:
- Your current CV (include national citizenship, ABR status, and current medical licenses)
- 3 letters of recommendation (please address to the Section Chief, Constance Lehman, MD, PhD, FACR)
- One-page personal statement (including reason(s) for training at UW and long-term career goals)
- USMLE scores (unofficial copy) and an ECFMG certificate (for foreign applicants)
Submit all items to:
Tanda Jaipean, Breast Imaging Fellowship Coordinator
Seattle Cancer Care Alliance
825 Eastlake Avenue East, G2-600
Seattle, WA 98109-1023
Phone: (206) 288-6241
Fax: (206) 288-6556
You will be contacted via email with confirmation of the receipt of your application materials.
Interviews will be offered only after all applications have been reviewed (after the August 10th, 2015, deadline).
Please note that the University of Washington does not allocate funds for travel, lodging, or other expenses incurred by visiting fellowship and residency applicants.
REQUIREMENTS FOR EMPLOYMENT
The following are requirements for the Fellowship position. All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful receipt of the following:
- Radiology board certification or eligibility
- Washington state medical license
- Approved work visa (for foreign applicants)
The University of Washington is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity educator and employer.
For More Information: