Application Deadline: 31 July 2018 at 5pm (BST).
Universities New Zealand – Te Pōkai Tara has invited the CSC to nominate eight candidates for Commonwealth Scholarships for doctoral study in New Zealand starting in early 2019.
The following universities in New Zealand are offering to fund one Commonwealth Scholarship each at varying values:
- Auckland University of Technology
- Lincoln University
- Massey University
- University of Auckland
- University of Canterbury
- University of Otago
- University of Waikato
- Victoria University of Wellington
More information on eligible subjects and supervisors is available on the individual university websites.
Before starting your application, you must read the following documents:
- Levels of funding offered by each university
- Rules and Regulations – contains important information about the application process
- Terms and conditions – must be signed and returned with your application
Participation in this scholarship scheme is a decision made by each individual university and a university may withdraw at any time. The granting of a scholarship under this programme is at the discretion of the university.
To apply for a scholarship, you must:
- Be a UK citizen (applicants with dual New Zealand/UK citizenship are ineligible)
- Have at least an upper second class honours undergraduate degree (by the time you take up your scholarship)
- Must not already be registered for a PhD at any New Zealand university
- Have thoroughly researched the research programmes and the supervisory capabilities in the departments and faculties of your preferred universities in New Zealand and be able to demonstrate that you have made contact with, and can show some degree of support from, a potential doctoral supervisor.
- Fully informed of the financial basis of the award being offered by the university
- An indication that you have received an offer of a place at your preferred New Zealand university would assist the assessment process but is not mandatory
How to apply
You must submit:
- One original application form You should specify at least two preferred institutions of study on the form
- One recent passport-size photograph, stapled to your application form in the space provided
- One signed copy of the terms and conditions form
- One certified copy of the relevant page of your passport, or other proof of UK citizenship. This should be attached to the original application form
- One certified copy of any undergraduate or postgraduate transcripts. (It is very important that these list the subjects passed and the grades of pass in each subject; academic records excluding such information cannot be assessed by the universities.) If you have yet to graduate, you should submit one copy of a letter from the university at which you are currently registered giving the details of your grades so far
- One copy of a letter or email from your prospective supervisor in New Zealand offering support for your application
All applications must be sent in hard copy with supporting documents to:
Commonwealth Scholarship Commission (KBM)
20-24 Tavistock Square
The closing date for receipt of applications is 31 July 2018 at 5pm (BST).
For More Information: