3rd Annual AFS Asia-Pacific International Global Citizenship Education Forum 2017
Application Deadline: February 7th 2017
Global Citizenship Education: Essential for Employability & the 21st Century Workforce
3rd Annual AFS Asia-Pacific International Global Citizenship Education Forum
in collaboration with SIETAR India
20-23 April 2017 in New Delhi
How does Global Citizenship Education drive Employability?
How does Employability shape Global Citizenship Education?
AFS and the AFS Asia-Pacific Initiative (AAI) in collaboration with the Society for Intercultural Education, Training and Research (SIETAR) India, invite those who share our learning to live together philosophy to join us in exploring, understanding and addressing the issues of our time that both hinder and help the efforts to advance the Global Citizenship Education Movement.
This forum will connect educators, intercultural learning practitioners and researchers with employers and corporations plus governments, institutions, policy-makers and others in Asia-Pacific who have a stake in the future of the region and its most precious commodity: its people.
Call for Proposals
The organizing committee is putting together a two day program which will be a diverse array of high-level keynote speakers, panel discussions, workshops and poster presentations addressing the below questions:
- What are key intercultural learning and global competencies required for the economies and jobs of tomorrow?
- How are these competencies defined, delivered and measured by employers? by educators?
- How do employers prioritize intercultural and global competencies when looking for candidates?
- How can educators include intercultural learning and global competency development in their curricula?
- How can learners better express and demonstrate their intercultural learning and global competencies to meet employers’ needs?
- How can employers and educators work together to align opportunities?
- Meet and network with regional leaders from the education, policy and corporate sectors to exchange ideas, opportunities and practices.
- Gain a better understanding of how intercultural skills and global citizenship are necessary in the 21st Century workplace and why developing these competencies must go hand-in-hand alongside science, math, technology and engineering within our education systems.
- Identify strategies appropriate to your role for incorporating and increasing intercultural learning and global citizenship education in your curricula.
- Become familiar and share with your colleagues the latest methodologies, research, programming opportunities and resources available to incorporate intercultural learning and global citizenship education into your work—whether in schools or in corporates.
- Identify strategies and plans for joint actions that will raise awareness of the value of intercultural and global citizenship skills in the 21st Century workplace for both learners and employers.
For More Information: