Application deadline: February 1, 2019
AKFC is searching for individuals who can demonstrate a commitment to international development, are driven by the desire to make a meaningful change in the world, and are ready to apply their skills and experience to a challenging overseas internship.
In the last 28 years, over 500 young Canadians have participated in AKFC’s International Youth Fellowship Program – an extraordinary opportunity to become a leader in global development.
This prestigious Fellowship is a launching pad for diverse careers in the government, non-profit, media and finance sectors. It offers a training program and an eight-month overseas placement to recent university graduates and young professionals under 30
All Fellows must meet the following application criteria:
- Hold, at minimum, a bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution by April 30th, 2019, with a record of strong academic performance
- Will not be enrolled in any educational program for the duration of the Fellowship program (June 2019 – February 2020)
- Demonstrated a commitment to international development through related volunteer, professional or academic experience
- Be 30 year of age or under on or before February 1st 2019
- Be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident
- Be fluent in English
- Present all appropriate documentation (CVs, degrees, transcripts, references, etc.)
There is no flexibility on the eligibility criteria, and any applications not meeting the requirements will automatically be disqualified.
AKFC covers most of the costs associated with living and working overseas including; travel, accommodation, vaccinations, health insurance, and a modest stipend to cover the cost of living. Successful candidates are required to make a one-time contribution of $1000.00 towards the costs of the Fellowship.
For More Information: