Aga Khan Foundation International Youth Fellowship Program 2017 for Young Canadians.
Application deadline: February 1, 2017
AKFC is searching for individuals who can demonstrate a commitment to international development, are driven by the desire to make a meaningful change in the world, and are ready to apply their skills and experience to a challenging overseas internship.
In the last 25 years, over 400 young Canadians have participated in AKFC’s International Youth Fellowship Program – an extraordinary opportunity to become a leader in global development.
This prestigious Fellowship is a launching pad for diverse careers in the government, non-profit, media and finance sectors. It offers a training program and an eight-month overseas placement to recent university graduates and young professionals under 30.
To become an International Youth Fellow, applicants must:
• Be a citizen or permanent resident of Canada
• Be 30 years of age or younger at the time of the application deadline
• Be able to demonstrate a strong interest in the field of international development and their chosen Fellowship stream
• Hold at minimum an undergraduate university degree
- Applications are invited on a yearly cycle, due early in the new year.
- The seminar in Ottawa takes place in late spring, with overseas placements beginning mid-summer and lasting eight months.
- Fellows also share their experiences with Canadians through a variety of outreach activities.
- AKFC covers the major costs associated with the Fellowship, such as travel and living expenses.
- Fellows are required to make a one-time contribution of $1,000 towards the costs of their Fellowship.
For More Information: