Application Deadline: 15 September 2016
The Alexander von Humboldt Foundation’s German Chancellor Fellowship Programme is targeted at university graduates from the United States, the Russian Federation, the People’s Republic of China, Brazil and India who have an international outlook and initial leadership experience. It addresses prospective decision-makers, multipliers and thought leaders from a broad range of professional fields such as politics, public administration and business as well as society and culture.
The fellowships give them the opportunity to spend a year in Germany networking with other prospective leaders from abroad, who are also sponsored by the Humboldt Foundation, and to explore new solutions to the global issues of our times. With this programme Germany once again presents itself as a destination of choice for intercultural dialogue and as a meeting place for the international leaders of tomorrow.
During their stay in Germany, the German Chancellor Fellows usually pursue research-based, self-developed projects in the areas mentioned above at host institutions. They are supervised by hosts in Germany who they select themselves and who have the necessary level of expertise to mentor the respective research topics. The projects should not only be of social significance, but should also have a long-term, publicly-visible impact. They should also be conducive to advancing fellows’ career development.
During their stay in Germany, fellows will be able to expand their specialist knowledge and gain new international experience whilst enhancing their intercultural skills and thus enabling them to develop into successful leaders.
After the fellowship has come to an end, they act as intermediaries between their own countries and Germany and continue to be part of the worldwide Humboldt Network in which the alumni of the German Chancellor Fellowship Programme foster particularly close contacts with one another. This has resulted in a steadily growing network of international decision-makers, multipliers and thought leaders.
Launch your career in Germany – become part of a worldwide network
Send an application, if you
- are a prospective leader from Brazil, China, India, Russia or the USA and have already acquired initial leadership experience
- work in a sector such as politics, economics, the media, administration and culture
- would be interested in spending a year working on a project you have developed yourself with a host of your choice in Germany
- a monthly fellowship of € 2,150, €2,450 or €2,750, depending on your qualifications
- individual mentoring during your stay in Germany
- additional financial support for items such as family members accompanying you, travel expenses or a German language course
- a study tour of Germany and a number of events during which you can make contact with other fellows and representatives of German companies and institutions
- extensive alumni sponsorship, particularly to help you sustain contact with collaborative partners in Germany during your entire professional career
The Chancellor of the Federal Republic of Germany is the patron of this fellowship programme. The Foundation grants up to 50 German Chancellor Fellowships annually – up to ten for each country.
For More Information: