Application Deadline: 5pm 27 July 2018
With support from the Copyright Agency Cultural Fund to offer Australian graduates an opportunity to take up an internship with a professional Australian publisher. Internships are available with a range of publishers, including trade, educational, and independent publishers, and literary magazines and journals. Interns can be employed in all areas of publishing – including sales, marketing, publicity, editorial, rights, digital publishing, supply chain logistics, content architecture and IT.
Interns must have graduated from higher education and have an interest in a career in publishing.
We encourage applications from interns with a broad range of skills and from diverse backgrounds.
Internships will commence from November 2018
Who can apply
- Internships are open to Australian citizens and permanent residents.
- Interns must be graduates.
- Interns must submit an application (see below) by the closing date of 5pm 27 July
- We will check applications and then share a long-list with interested publishers
- Australian publishers will apply for an internship and nominate up to three potential interns from the long-list
- A sub-committee will assess applications and successful publishers and interns will be notified by end of September.
- Internships may start from 1 November 2018
Interns are required to:
- Complete an online application
- Submit a resume which includes at least two referees.
To apply for an Internship, please click here
Upon completion of the internship, the intern will be required to submit a report outlining the activities, value and benefit of the internship.
For more information contact the Australian Publishers Association or by phone on 02 9281 9788.
For More Information: