Application Deadline: 31 October 2017
The ARThinkSouthAsia Fellowship is designed to help develop skills, knowledge, networks and experience of potential leaders in the arts and cultural sector of South Asia. We believe that by supporting exceptional individuals to make a step‐change in their skills and career potential, we can bring substantial benefit to the cultural field as a whole.
15 Fellows will be selected from across South Asia.
The Fellowship is fully funded and includes:
- A two‐week residential course in India in May 2018: This includes intensive modules in Strategic Planning, Cultural Policy, Marketing and Communications, Fundraising, HR, and Finance. These modules will be led by a mix of Indian and international professional trainers and academics, and will be supplemented by expert guest lectures. Participation in the residential programme is mandatory.
- A 30-day secondment with a cultural institution in Germany/UK/South Asia over the year 2018-19.
- A concluding seminar in May 2019. (to be confirmed)
The Fellowship is supported by Goethe-Institut, British Council, and the Piramal Art Foundation.
We welcome applications from practitioners working across a wide range of arts and cultural activity, as also from those who are working outside it who demonstrate knowledge, understanding and passion for arts and culture. Artists and persons with unconventional careers and experiences are also invited to apply.
Each participant is required to apply with an ongoing project. This could be part of an existing cultural organisation, or an independent project. The residential course is oriented to effective management and growth of arts organisations. The applicant’s proposal should highlight the needs of his/her organisation/project for building an efficient and sustainable organisation. The applicants are encouraged to describe the project in as much detail as possible to allow for an understanding of the scope of the project and skills they need to develop for its successful implementation.
Curatorial and research projects are not applicable for this fellowship.
Shortlisted candidates may be called for a phone interview before selection.
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in the arts/culture sector
- Submission of an on‐going arts/culture project
- Open to residents of Afghanistan, Bangladesh, India, Iran, Nepal, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka only
- 31 October 2017: Application Deadline
- 10 November 2017: Acknowledgement of receipt to candidates who have submitted complete applications. Please note that we will not be able acknowledge your application if it is incomplete or if it does not pertain to the arts and culture field.
- 20 December 2017: Notification to shortlisted candidates
To apply, please download the application form from our website and email the completed pdf form along with your supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that incomplete applications, or applications sent via post will not be accepted.
If you are selected for the fellowship, you will be notified via email. You will then be required to submit:
a. a countersigned contract that will be sent to you upon notification of selection
b. a scanned copy of your passport
c. a No Objection Certificate from your current employers (if applicable)
For any further information, please write to email@example.com
For More Information: