Application Deadline: September 28th 2016
Originally created in Istanbul by Ashoka and supported by the Robert Bosch Stiftung, the ChangemakerXchange is a global collaboration platform for young social entrepreneurs. It gathers some of the world’s most exciting changemakers at summits around the world for the exchange and co-creation of ideas. The ChangemakerXchange now brings together young social entrepreneurs from 55 different countries in Europe, Turkey, the South Caucasus, the Middle East, North Africa and Asia
The 12th ChangemakerXchange summit will bring together 25 of the region’s top young social entrepreneurs who have developed their own innovative solutions in all fields of social change.
It will take place for the first time in Sicily, Italy, in the heart of the Mediterranean and hosted by Ashoka Italy from Wednesday, 14th December 2016 evening until Sunday, 18th December 2016 morning.
Participants must be able to attend all days.
Applicants for ChangemakerXchange:
- Must be aged between 18 and 30. Please note a limited number of three places is available for 29- and 30-year-old applicants.
- Should lead, co-lead, have founded or co-founded their own social venture which is up and running and addresses a relevant social problem. We are unable to accept applicants with an idea only or who are volunteering for an organisation.
- Must have a good level of English that enables them to understand, present, and collaborate throughout the summit.
- Should have the skills and know-how to be part of a special community of collaborative young social entrepreneurs and be willing to play an active role within this community.
- Must come from Europe, Turkey, the South Caucasus, the Middle East or North Africa (the Maghreb and Egypt).
- ChangemakerXchange covers 100% of travel costs and the majority of the conference costs for all four nights and five days (including hotel accommodation, inner city travel, food, entrance fees, etc.).
- However, participants will be charged a modest fee of EUR100 to cover part of the costs. Please note there are a limited number of stipends for those in special need – if that is you, please let us know in the application form.
- During the summit, participants will receive mentoring by established social entrepreneurs and international facilitators.
- Furthermore, you will become part of a community that continues to develop relationships and work together long after the summit.
- Finally, you will have the opportunity to submit ideas for cross-collaboration projects and receive seed grants to support their implementation.
Your innovative ideas can help us change this entire region – apply for our ChangemakerXchange summit in Sicily today.!
Only if you do not have a LinkedIn profile, please send your CV to Greta Rossi at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your first name and surname in the subject line, e.g. “Your Name and Last name: Italy ChangemakerXchange CV”. You will hear from the organisers by Wednesday, 5th October 2016
For More Information: