Ashoka’s Youth Venture Programme 2018- Cohort 8 for young changemakers
Application Deadline- Saturday, 17 February 2018.
Ashoka’s Youth Venture programme is an international community of young changemakers, with over 6,000 Venture teams in 23 countries across the globe. The programme identifies young people who are leading social impact initiatives and provides them workshop training, mentorship, networking opportunities and fundraising support.
Youth Venture was developed from understanding a key insight of Ashoka Fellows in the field of youth development: one of the most effective ways to engage the youth in the process of changemaking is to help them realize and understand their own ability to make positive social change. As part of its global strategy, Youth Venture inspires and supports young people to launch and lead their own “Ventures” – community-benefiting initiatives, clubs, organizations, and businesses.
Based on the online application shortlisted candidates/teams will be invited to pitch their venture at the Selection Panel which is a 2-day event in Bangalore. If selected in this round, the candidates/teams are recognized as Ashoka Youth Venturers.
Travel and accommodation costs for out-station candidates and one accompanying elder would be provided both for the Selection Panel in Bangalore and the regular workshops in different cities.
The 8th Cohort of the programme will be inducted in March 2018. Applications and nominations are invited for this cohort.
Young people between 12 and 20 years old who:
- leading social change and creating an impact on their communities
- have credible business plans that will be sustainable
- exhibit changemaking skills: empathy, creativity, leadership, teamwork
- have an adult ‘ally/advisor’ willing to support, but not control the venture
- work with a strong team
This programme will help participants scale their ventures and develop themselves as leaders for driving social and environmental change.
- Being selected as a Youth Venturer gives them access to Ashoka’s global network of leaders in the social sector.
- They participate in four training workshops during their first year of induction. They receive custom-tailored mentorship and fundraising support from Ashoka India and partner organisations
For More Information: