Application Deadline: midnight (GMT +7) on 24 July 2016.
The Asia-Pacific Rainforest Photo Competition is your chance to express to leaders in the region and beyond why our rainforests matter. All qualified entries will be displayed online in the lead-up to the event, while the top 20 will be shown in a public exhibition in Brunei during the summit.
Cash prizes of $500 to $1,000 will be awarded to winners of the Jury’s Choice and Audience’s Choice Awards
- The Organizers are looking for photographs that highlight the value of rainforests in the Asia-Pacific region.
- These can include photos of rainforests and forest landscapes, the communities who live in and around forests, forest products for trade, health or nutrition, diverse plants and animals that highlight the region’s rich biodiversity, or anything else that expresses why our rainforests matter.
Everybody is welcome to participate — the competition is open to professional and hobby photographers alike.
How do I submit a photo?
Just fill out our online form, following the guidelines below:
- Upload your photo:
Please submit your photo in .jpg format, with a maximum size of 2MB.
- Add a photo title and your name:
The title of the photograph and the photographer’s name should be specified in the file name, for example: Jungle-JohnSmith.jpg
- Tell us why you think our rainforests matter:
Explain how your photo expresses the value of rainforests in the Asia-Pacific region. Where was the photo taken, and what is special about that place? Who is in the photo and what are they doing? Let us know what the rainforest means to you (maximum 500 characters).
How many photos can I submit?
Each participant is allowed to submit up to three photographs. Submissions will be accepted until midnight (GMT +7) on 24 July 2016.
Photos submitted and accepted for the competition automatically qualify for two categories of prizes:
Jury’s Choice Award
An international jury will evaluate all photographs based on their technical and aesthetic quality, and relevance to the topic of valuing Asia-Pacific rainforests. Winners will be announced on 27 July 2016. Based on the above assessment, the jury will select:
- First-place winner — cash prize of USD 1,000 (one thousand dollars)
- Second-place winner — cash prize of USD 500 (five hundred dollars)
- Top 20 photographs (including first- and second-place winners):
The top 20 photographs will be exhibited with full attributions in a public photo exhibition in Brunei’s capital city, Bandar Seri Begawan, to be visited by Summit participants and the general public.
Audience’s Choice Award
The photograph that receives the greatest number of online votes will win the Audience’s Choice Award, and a cash prize of USD 500 (five hundred dollars). Voting will take place via the voting gallery. The winner will be announced online on 2 August 2016, the day before the Asia-Pacific Rainforest Summit commences in Brunei Darussalam.
Note: The photographs that win first and second place for the Jury’s Choice Award will no longer be qualified to win the Audience’s Choice Award.
For More Information: