Application Deadline: 23 August 2015
Towards Sustainable and Climate Resilient Mountain Livelihoods
5 – 8 October 2015, Kathmandu, Nepal
The International Centre for Integrated Mountain Development (ICIMOD) – through its Asia Pacific Mountain Network (APMN) – has been engaging young professionals and building their capacity to bring about positive changes in society through several initiatives.
Building on the success of these initiatives, ICIMOD is now preparing for the Asia Pacific Youth Forum 2015, in collaboration with the Himalayan University Consortium (HUC), which will take place in Kathmandu, Nepal from 5 to 8 October 2015.
- The event will bring together young professionals, including scientists, early career professionals, young politicians, and youth initiative leaders from the region, and will develop their knowledge on mountain and climate change adaptation issues with a focus on sustainable and resilient mountain livelihoods.
Who can apply?
- Youth between the ages of 23 and 32 from the Asia-Pacific region with an academic or a professional degree in related fields are eligible to apply.
- Youth with demonstrated leadership in sustainable development issues working with governmental and non-governmental organizations are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Forum will bring together participants from the Asia-Pacific region engaged in sustainability issues. With technical support from several leading institutions, the four-day programme will include capacity building and knowledge exchange sessions, leadership exercises, and excursions to nearby environmental projects.
This forum has been made possible with support from the Swiss Agency for Development Cooperation (SDC) under its Sustainable Mountain Development for Global Collaboration (SMD4GC) programme, the Himalayan University Consortium (HUC) and the International Centre for Integrated Mountain Development.
- Selected participants will be provided with international airfare, accommodation, food, and local transport as applicable.
- All applications will be reviewed by a selection committee. Only successful applicants will be notified by email by 1st week of September 2015.
- The names of selected participants will be posted on this event page and on relevant social media channels of the organizers.
- Selected participants will be required to present a copy of their valid passport/national identity card from their stated country of origin. Inability to do so will result in disqualification from the programme.
How to Apply:
Please submit your application through the online form available here.
For More Information: