Application Deadline: May 31, 2017.
The Asian Scientist Writing Prize is back! Co-organized by Science Centre Singapore and Asian Scientist Magazine, the Prize seeks to find the best science writing from Asia. The second edition of the Asian Scientist Writing Prize begins on March 1, 2017 and the deadline for submissions is May 31, 2017. Winners will receive their prizes from guest of honor Singapore Minister for Education Mr Ong Ye Kung at an award ceremony to be held at Singapore Science Centre on July 7, 2017.
- Entries should be: Submitted in English only Non-fiction Written specifically for this competition.
- Only original and unpublished work will be accepted Between 1,000-1,500 words in length Written by a single author and not a collaborative effort Formatting guidelines: Typewritten, with the pages numbered Include title and word count
- Individuals who reside and/or work in Asia No professional qualifications are necessary, and students are welcome to apply
- The Prize is not open to full-time employees of Asian Scientist Publishing Pte Ltd., World Scientific Publishing Co Pte. Ltd. or Science Centre Singapore
The organizers invite non-fiction entries in the 1,000-1,500 word count range covering any scientific discipline.
- Anyone based in Asia is welcome to submit an entry, and no professional qualifications are necessary.
- Winners will receive attractive prizes including prize money, a certificate of recognition, publication in Asian Scientist Magazine, and deliberation for inclusion in the Best of Science Writing from Asia 2017, a book that will be published under the Asian Scientist imprint.
- Prizes are as follows:
- ASWP 2017 Prizes:
- • 1st Prize: S$5,000 + a 3D/2N stay at Banyan Tree Bintan Villa Resort
- • 2nd Prize: S$3,000 • 3rd Prize: S$2,000 Science Centre Singapore Youth Writing Prizes (13-18 age group):
- • 1st Prize: S$500 • 2nd Prize: S$300 • 3rd Prize: S$200 World Scientific Publishing Merit Prizes: • 10 Merit Prizes: S$500 World Scientific Publishing book vouchers
- There is no specific theme for ASWP 2017, but entrants are encouraged to write in an aspirational manner on topics relevant to Asia.
- The panel will seek the following criteria in the winning entries: Enjoyable and accessible writing style Appreciation for science Technical accuracy Relevance to Asia
For More Information: