Application Deadline: July 17th 2016
The A*STAR Youth Scholarship is tenable for 4 years leading to the award of the Singapore-Cambridge General Certificate of Education ‘Advanced’ (GCE ‘A’) Level (or equivalent) certificate.
The Scholarship is for studies in selected Singapore schools from Secondary Three to Pre-University Two and is renewed annually, subject to the satisfactory performance of the scholar.
Interested candidates who meet the following criteria are invited to apply for the scholarship:
- Nationals of India
- Born between 2000 and 2002
- Completed Standard 8 in the Year 2016
- Possess outstanding academic track record (at least an average of 80% / minimum ‘A’ with English as first language in the Standards 7 and 8 school final examinations)
- Possess a high level of oral and written competency in English
Any dates given below are tentative and are subject to changes.
|Application Period||6 June 2016 to 17 July 2016|
|Selection Test||End August to early September 2016|
|Selection Interview||End October to early November 2016|
|Award of Scholarship||Mid to late November 2016|
|Arrival of Scholar in Singapore||Late December 2016|
Test and Interview City
- Annual allowance of S$2,200 (Secondary) / S$2,400 (Pre-University) with hostel accommodation
- Settling-in allowance of S$400 (once only)
- Return economy class air passage
- Coverage of school fees (excluding miscellaneous fees)
- Coverage of GCE ‘O’ Level and ‘A’ Level examination fees (once only, if applicable)
- Subsidised medical benefits and accident insurance cover
Applicants are to apply online using the online application system. Each applicant should submit only ONE application only. If you encounter difficulties during your online application, you may contact Customer Service Centre at +65 6872 2220.
Please follow the application steps:
Submit your application via our online application system.
All applicants are to send certified copies of the following items directly to the Singapore Ministry of Education. The documents should arrive before the closing date (17 July 2016):
- Birth Certificate;
- Identity Card / Passport (if any); and
- Final Examination Result Slips for the last two years (Standards 7 and 8 final examinations)
A*STAR Youth Scholarship / < Indicate online application number for online applicants>
c/o Student Placement & Services Division
Ministry of Education
1 North Buona Vista Drive,
Attn — Mr Ng Eng Joo
Original documents that are not in English must be translated to English. The translated documents must be accompanied by a photocopy of the original documents. Please do not send in any original documents as they will not be returned. There will be no acknowledgement of receipt of documents.
For More Information: