Submission Deadline: November 11, 2015.
Each year, the Atlanta Photojournalism Seminar hosts an international photography competition that receives content from some of the world’s top photojournalists.
- Anyone may enter.
- Because all entries are delivered electronically, only digital entries are accepted. It is ok to digitally scan photographs originally captured on film.
- Entrants do not need to attend the Seminar.
- Content must have been captured between Nov. 1, 2014 and Oct. 31, 2015 (see contest rules for picture story exceptions).
- Content does not need to have been published.
- 15 entries max per person (Entries: the number of category entries submitted by one photographer. A multiple-picture category entry and a multimedia entry counts as one entry. Do not include a portfolio entry in this count.)
- Any photographer from any country is eligible to enter.
- No photograph previously entered in the Seminar competition may be entered in a future contest.
- Single photographs can only be entered into one category.
- Individual photos from picture stories may be entered into any of the single categories.
- Photographs in a picture story entry, taken over a period of time that begins before the eligible date but extends into the period of eligibility, may be entered as long as they have not been entered in the Seminar’s competition before.
- Each picture story, which may contain a maximum of 12 images, entered counts as one entry.
- A portfolio entry does not count towards the 15 entry maximum.
Judging and Prize:
Contest judges are comprised of seminar faculty members. All judging will take place on Friday, November 13, 2015. Winners will be announced during the Seminar on Saturday, November 14, 2015, and posted on our website shortly after our awards ceremony.
- $1,000 for Best Portfolio
- $750 for 1st place Rich Mahan Student Portfolio
- $500 for Best in Show
- $100 awarded to all First Place winners