Applications Deadline- 5pm, 30 June 2018
Auckland Airport is excited to announce its 2018 Tourism Development Grant.
The ability of New Zealand operators to offer outstanding seasonal and country-wide travel experiences is key to the support, ongoing development and profitability, of the New Zealand tourism industry as well as the sustainability of the operations of the airlines that service New Zealand.
Marketing activity that uses ‘out of the ordinary’ thinking to promote New Zealand in key tourism markets, encouraging travellers to explore more of New Zealand and, as a consequence, bringing economic benefits to the wider community is desirable for the tourism industry. Seasonal packaging and marketing of products helps create demand across the year.
This year the award of a single grant of NZ$100,000 will recognise and support a proposition that brings the seasonal and regional themes to life. The grant will focus on a proposition that delivers to the following criteria:
- Demonstrated ability to convert sales in the targeted market;
- Quality of the business plan and ability of the team to deliver;
- Innovative experiences or itineraries with arrival into and/or departure from Auckland Airport;
- Defined points of difference;
- Telling uniquely New Zealand stories; and
- Consider key New Zealand markets: Australia, China, The Americas, others
The grant is open to New Zealand-based tourism operators, Regional Tourism Organisations and other organisations with ideas to stimulate year-round visitation to New Zealand and the ability to deliver on the proposed business plan and programme.
An expert panel, including a senior external representative and Auckland Airport team members, will judge the entries.
The deadline for the submission of applications is 5pm, 30 June 2018. Applications should be made to email@example.com using the official application form.
- The competition is open to New Zealand based tourism operators, Regional Tourism Organisations or organisations with ideas to stimulate year-round visitor demand who have the ability to deliver on the proposed business plan and programme in the entry submitted.
- You are not eligible to enter the competition if you are their employee, an employee of any company associated with the competition, or an immediate family member of such employees.
- Acting reasonably, we may exclude any person from entering into the competition.
- Prize is one tourism development grant of NZD$100,000, to be invested to support implementation of the winner’s entry as agreed with us.
- Prizes cannot be transferred or exchanged.
- Each prize is taken entirely at the prize winner’s own risk. We will not be liable for any loss, damage or injury (including but not limited to any indirect or consequential loss) suffered or incurred by you or any other person as a result of or in connection with the competition or any prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. You release and indemnify Auckland Airport and any persons affiliated or associated with the competition in respect of any claim for any accident, injury, death, property damage and other losses that may occur in connection with the competition or any prize. If requested to do so you will sign a separate release and indemnification form in such form as we determine.
- The winner of a prize is responsible for any tax or other costs arising in relation to, or associated with, the prize.
For More Information: