Bank of Canada 2018 Master’s Scholarship Award for Women in Economics and Finance
Application Deadline: 23:59 Eastern Time on October 10, 2017.
The Bank of Canada is proud to announce a scholarship program supporting the advancement of women specializing in economics and finance. The primary goals of the Bank of Canada’s Master’s Scholarship Award for Women in Economics and Finance (the Master’s Scholarship Award) are to promote the pursuit of graduate studies in economics and finance among women and to proactively contribute to building a gender-balanced talent pool for the economics and finance professions in central banking.
Under the Master’s Scholarship Award, up to five students are each granted a scholarship of Can$10,000 for tuition and other related expenses, combined with an offer of permanent employment at the Bank of Canada upon successful completion of a master’s degree in economics or finance at a Canadian university.
The Bank of Canada has a vision to be “a leading central bank—dynamic, engaged and trusted—committed to a better Canada.” No other employer in the country offers you the unique opportunity to work at the very centre of Canada’s economy, in an organization with significant impact on the economic and financial well-being of all Canadians. You will be challenged, energized and motivated to excel in an environment where we are reinventing central banking, renewing ways of doing business and reinforcing a culture of innovation.
To be eligible for a Master’s Scholarship Award, each applicant must be
• a Canadian citizen or permanent resident;
• a student who self-identifies as a woman;
• pursuing studies on a full-time or part-time basis at a Canadian academic institution with degree-granting powers and in a field that is related to the work of the Bank of Canada, specializing in economics or the financial sector; and
• maintaining an overall average grade of 70 per cent or higher.
All applicants must submit a completed online application that includes the following documentation to support their candidacy:
• proof of acceptance or enrolment in a master’s degree program in economics or finance;,
• official transcripts of their undergraduate academic record and the highest level of studies previously completed, if applicable;, and
• a current résumé and cover letter (including information such as reasons for pursuing a specific field of study and research and career interests).
Candidates will be evaluated on the eligibility criteria listed above. If you are selected, you may be evaluated through a series of interviews and assessments.
• Priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents
• Must be eligible for reliability status or secret clearance
• English or French essential
• Relocation assistance may be provided, if required
Applications and supporting documents must be received by 23:59 Eastern Time on October 10, 2017. Candidates selected for the scholarship will be notified within four months of the application deadline. The Can$10,000 is disbursed in one instalment once the recipient has accepted the award. Successful candidates must complete their studies within four years of accepting the Master’s Scholarship Award. The offer of employment with the Bank is effective during the student’s final year of studies and upon successful completion of a master’s degree in economics or finance.
For More Information: