BBC Academy Expert Women 2017 for Female Expert Contributors.
Application Deadline: 23:59 Sunday 26 February 2017
BBC Academy are looking for female experts who’d like to appear on air as contributors to BBC programmes.
The BBC Academy in conjunction with BBC News is holding a free media familiarisation day for women with particular expertise who are interested in appearing on television, radio and online as contributors or presenters.
The aim is to offer an introduction to the media, including practical experiences in front of a camera and in a radio studio, as well as masterclasses with industry professionals including experienced programme makers.
Recognised expertise in any of the following areas:
- International relations and politics
- EU negotiations
- Local government / social care
- Politics – particularly from the North of England
- Policing / security / intelligence / military
- Senior police officers
- Law/constitution, particularly Brexit
- Women in music – production rather than performance
- Apprenticeship trades, especially building
If you would like to discuss whether your specialism would be appropriate for any of these subject areas or any other area then please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
- You will need to send us your CV and a short film of no more than two minutes duration. The film is very straightforward and can be as simple as a friend recording you on a smartphone.
- The film should show you talking about yourself and your broad area of specialism. We would also like you to tell us about an idea you have for a story in your area of expertise which you think that the general public would find interesting.
- Your film should be uploaded to YouTube or similar and sent as a link in your entry email.
- The closing date for applications is 23:59 Sunday 26 February 2017 and successful applicants will be notified by Wednesday 15 March 2017.
- Only apply if you are able to be at BBC Broadcasting House in London on Friday 31 March 2017.
For More Information: