BBC Scotland Search for Expert Women Scotland 2018
Application Deadline: 23:59 on Sunday 14 January 2018.
BBC is looking for female experts who’d like to appear on air as contributors to BBC Scotland programmes. If you’re able to travel easily to BBC studios around Scotland, find out how to get involved at our event on Tuesday 13 March 2018.
The BBC Academy, in conjunction with BBC Scotland and STV, is holding a free media familiarisation day for women with particular expertise who are interested in appearing as contributors or potential presenters on television, radio and online.
BBC want to hear from you if you’re interested in contributing to television, radio and online content, can be at BBC Scotland, 40 Pacific Quay, Glasgow G51 1DA on Tuesday 13 March 2018 and have expertise in any of the areas listed below.
We welcome applicants from any area of expertise, but particularly the following:
- all aspects of Brexit, especially farming, fishing and business
- business and the economy in Scotland
- science, technology, engineering and mathematics
- law, especially Scottish constitutional law
How to apply
- your CV
- a link to your short film of no more than two minutes duration
- personal details (as listed in the application checklist below)
- answers to the application questions (as listed in the application checklist below)
Please send an email containing the following:
1. Personal details:
- field of expertise
- mobile phone number
- email address
- job title: in lay person’s terms, clarify what your job involves
2. A link to your two minute video on YouTube or similar of yourself talking about your area of expertise and outlining your idea
- The film should be very straightforward and can be as simple as a friend recording you on a smartphone
- In it you should talk about yourself and your broad area of specialism
- You should also tell us about an idea you have for a story in your area of expertise which you think the general public would find interesting
- Make sure that you can be clearly heard on your video
- The video should be uploaded to YouTube or similar and sent as a link in your entry email
- You can find advice on how to make your film further down this page
3. One written paragraph explaining the story/issue you have chosen to talk about.
- Why does this story need airtime?
- Why are you passionate about it?
(250 words max)
4. Your CV as an attachment.
Please name your CV file in the following format: firstnamesurname_CV
I do/don’t give my permission to be informed if the BBC Academy holds further masterclasses. I do/don’t give the BBC Academy my permission to share my details with other producers or broadcasters. I do/don’t give my permission to the BBC Academy possibly including my video in an Expert Women YouTube channel and playlist.
The closing date for applications is 23:59 on Sunday 14 January 2018.
Successful applicants will be notified by Friday 9 February.
Due to the number of potential applications, we regret we can’t respond if you haven’t been successful.
Only apply if you’re able to be at BBC Scotland, 40 Pacific Quay, Glasgow G51 1DA on Tuesday 13 March 2018.
Please note that the BBC is unable to refund any expenses incurred in applying for or attending the day.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the