Application Deadline: July 1st 2016
The Tropentag is a development‐oriented and interdisciplinary conference. It addresses issues of resource management, environment, agriculture, forestry, fisheries,
food, nutrition, and related sciences in the context of rural development, sustainable
resource use and poverty alleviation worldwide.
- The application is open to students affiliated to a European university with great interest in the Tropentag topic.
- Applicants should be fluent in English and have basic experience in interview and writing techniques and/or knowledge in the use of Web 2.0 social networks. If you are skilled in using visual or social media, writing for a wider public and/or digital photography or video recording, please also state this in your application.
- Please apply with a short CV outlining your experience in the relevant fields and a motivation letter (maximum ½ page). Please indicate your skype account, your ResearchGate profile and your facebook or LinkedIn profile.
- As a student reporter, you will attend a 2 day workshop in prior to the conference introducing you to communication through the world wide web.
- Student reporters will work in an interdisciplinary team of 12 international students who continuously contribute to a multi‐author blog with text and visual content from 19–21 September 2016 in Vienna at the Tropentag.
- In the blog and other media the student reporters will summarize the discussions and report on recent trends, hot topics or emerging issues during the conference.
- At the end of September a seminar on “The way forward to a professional career” will wrap up the activities. ATSAF e.V. will cover all travel costs (low emission transportation means are strongly suggested), accommodation and registration fee for the conferences.
Please send your application in one (1) pdf file named ‘your‐name‐studenreporter‐2016.pdf’ to studentreporter(at)atsaf.de
Deadline for application is 1 July 2016.
For More Information: