The United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) is an annual summit where decision makers from all around the world come together to make decisions as the United Nations. At last year’s UNGA the world agreed a new set of Global Goals. The United Kingdom (UK) believes that young people need to be at the heart of the delivery and monitoring of the Global Goals. It is essential that young people are visible and active contributors in High Level discussions and events on the Global Goals, and that their voices & feedback are heard.
- Department for International Development (DFID) is looking to identify two Youth Delegates from the UK (British Citizens only) to participate in a series of events as a part of the UK’s Delegation to the UNGA.
- This is an excellent opportunity for young people from the UK (aged 18 – 25) to participate in high level policy forums and debates.
- DFID is looking for two young people strongly committed to the role that young people play in bringing about the Global Goals and who can speak about the capabilities of young people to lead development.
APPLY NOW IF YOU THINK YOU CAN:
* Be the unifying link between young people in the UK and UN processes both before, during and after UNGA
* Bring true youth participation to events by being involved in shaping the role of young people in any UK-led events in preparation of the UNGA.
* Communicate with UK youth to gather their perspectives on decisions being made at the UNGA and keep them informed of and involved in what is going on at the UNGA.
YOU WILL NEED TO COMMIT TO THE FOLLOWING:
* Attend an interview in London on either the 4th OR 5th of July 2016
* Three hours of preparation time per week during June, July and August 2016
* Attend the Girls Education Forum in London on the 7th of July 2016
* Attend the UNGA in New York for a maximum of 10 days between 13-26 September 2016
WHAT DO WE WANT TO KNOW FROM YOU?
There are two parts to applying for one of the UK Youth Delegate roles. First we need you to fill in this application form (in seven steps below) and if you are successful we will invite you for a follow up interview.
- This is a fully funded opportunity, with flights, accommodation and other travel expenses provided.
If you would prefer to complete an offline application form, please contact Sarah Haynes, email@example.com
For More Information: