Application Deadline- 13 January 2019 (23:59 BST).
Spend two months in China with a Generation UK internship
Live in one of six booming Chinese cities while gaining experience in an industry of your choice. There are start dates throughout the year – choose the date which suits you.
Whatever your ambitions for the future, your internship will help you stand out from the crowd. New industries and work opportunities in China are rising faster than the skyscrapers that accommodate them, and China may soon overtake the US as the world’s largest economy. Companies across the world will value your experience of China’s culture and business practices.
You’ll also benefit from weekly Mandarin lessons and take part in business and cultural activities, offering you valuable insight into the customs and traditions of China.
- be at least 18 years old
- be currently enrolled full-time at a UK university or have graduated from a UK university within the past year
- have completed at least one academic year at university
- be a UK or EU passport holder
- have achieved, or be on track to achieve, a 2:1 degree
- meet our student finance eligibility criteria
- not be in receipt of any other Generation UK funding.
You cannot apply if you have previously been on a Generation UK internship, or taken part in a Generation UK scholarship programme.
How much will it cost?
You’ll need to pay for your own flights to China, your visa and any other expenses related to your travel.
You’ll also pay for your own food and other day-to-day expenses. Costs vary depending on your standard of living, and you should also factor in whether you wish to travel and explore China in your free time. Around £50 per week should be sufficient for your daily expenses.
Generation UK funding will cover:
- all placement fees
- your accommodation
- comprehensive travel insurance
- pick-up from the airport
- dedicated support throughout your placement.
You will also have access to:
- weekly Chinese language classes
- a programme of business and cultural activities.
For More Information: