British Council English Language Assistants programme 2018 (get paid to teach while you explore a foreign culture)
Application Deadline: 12 February 2018.
As an English language assistant, you can teach English on paid six-month or year-long placements and experience another country, gain new skills and make your CV stand out.
If you are from outside the UK and want to teach your language, you can become a language assistant in England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland.
The programme gives you the opportunity to:
- diversify your CV
- hone your language skills
- gain transferable skills, such as communication, presentation, time management, organisation, team-work, independent work, and creative thinking / problem-solving
- immerse yourself in another culture
- gain cultural awareness
- gain professional confidence.
All placements are paid and teaching time is limited to between 12 and 20 hours a week, giving you plenty of time to pursue other interests.
A language assistant’s role typically includes:
- supporting the teaching of English in an overseas school or university
- planning activities and producing resources to help students improve their English
- introducing UK contemporary culture through classroom and extra-curricular activities
- supporting the running of international projects and activities.
When you arrive, you may also be invited to take part in an induction course.
Language assistants will not be required to:
- discipline pupils
- cover for illness
- mark work regularly.
Any additional duties you may be asked to carry out should be agreed with you before your arrival at the host institution. You should also expect to receive further training upon arrival.
- You will receive a monthly salary, plus support and guidance.
- Depending on your location, you will still need to budget for flights, accommodation, travel insurance, visas, and so on.
You can teach in these countries (click on the links to read more details):
How to Apply:
The deadline for completed applications is 12 February 2018. Please visit the application page for more details.
For More Information: