British Council IELTS Prize 2016/2017 for Students from the East Asia Region.
Application Deadline: – 31 December 2016
The Prize is awarded to high-calibre individuals with the motivation to develop their career, and who demonstrate the potential to contribute to society what they have gained from their undergraduate or postgraduate study experience.
The IELTS Prize enables students to study any chosen course in an undergraduate or postgraduate programme of a higher institution that accepts IELTS as part of its admission requirements. Please note, this Prize is for applicants who aim at starting their placement in academic year 2017/18.
- Be a permanent resident of one of the countries in the East Asia region*
- Begin undergraduate or postgraduate study in or outside your home country in academic year 2017/18
- Attend a higher educational institution that accepts IELTS as part of its admission requirements
- Register for an IELTS test with the British Council on or after 1 April 2016 and be able to provide a valid IELTS score in the application form
- Have a minimum band score of 6 in each of the four component parts of the test
- Be able to provide an acceptance letter from the attending institution by 30 June 2017
- Applications are initially reviewed against the British Council IELTS Prize eligibility criteria, the personal statement and IELTS score
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to give a short presentation and be interviewed by a panel of senior managers and external raters from the higher education and/or corporate sectors.
- Three winners from each country in the East Asia Region will each receive a Local Prize
- The top student in each country will be shortlisted for the three Regional Prizes
- Shortlisted candidates for the Regional Prizes will have to further attend a panel interview via videoconference
In case of dispute, the British Council reserves the right to make the final decision.
(please refer to your country page for
prize amount in local currency)
Grand Prize: First year of tuition fee up to £40,000*
Second Prize: £10,000
Third Prize: £5,000
For More Information: